Yesterday I had the joy to work with Isla Fisher for Press Day and the premier of "The Rise of The Guardians" movie in London. Isla is known for her gorgeous flowing coppery red hair but for this event we decided to create a soft curly 1920's Chanel inspired up style, hiding all her length in a sassy Faux Bob that perfectly matched the cinematic feel of her Dolce & Gabana cream lace dress.
Comments so far:
"Isla looked sensational in a pretty cream number that boasted a broderie anglais pattern and peplum detail"
"The “Wedding Crashers” star looked like a screen legend of the old days in a vintage sleeveless lace dress with gold heels, a matching handbag, and her hair in short curls."
"Hair flare: Isla Fisher showed off a new short hairstyle on the red carpet at the premiere of Rise of the Guardians in Leicester Square on Thursday night"
"Simply beautiful: Isla's new hairstyle was very different to her long locks that she usually sports"
"Isla dazzles on the red carpet...."
to re- create this look:
1. Apply some volumizing spray to the roots of your towel-dried hair, then blow dry smooth using a round brush.
2. Once your hair is completely dry, divide your hair into smaller sub sections (roughly 1 by 1 inch) and and curl each section individually, starting from the back. I would recommend to use a 1 or 1 1/2-inch curling iron that lets you adjust the temperature to the needs of your hair (love Braun's Satin Series).
3. Work your way in horizontal sections until all hair is curled. Apply a small drop of shine serum or a hair oil into your hands and run your fingers gently through your hair to break up the curls.
4. Use a anti snap elastic to create a "tail" and place the elastic at the very end of your hair. Roll the hair under (inwards) and tuck toward the nape of the neck.
5. Secure the tail at the bottom of your neck hairline by using strong curby grips / bobby pins.
6. Gently pull and tease the hair towards the face, spreading the hair evenly in a horizontal direction, creating a rounded bob.
7. I recommend leaving a few loose strands around the face and create some flyways and a slightly messy texture, so it has a "lived in" feeling and creates the perfect illusion of a bob.
8. Mist with a flexible hairspray to ensure that your style will last. I really like Wellaflex as it also add's lots of shine.
Have fun trying the style.