Kristen Wiig looked spectacular last night at the Met Ball 2015. Her angular, one-sided bob is a very edgy style but you can still keep the overall look delicate by playing up your natural features and keeping most of your makeup simple. You can easily recreate this look at home. Just follow these steps:
1. Apply some volumizing or surf spray to the root area of your towel-dried hair, then blow-dry using a fish bone / skeleton brush to create the perfect foundation and loose volume that this style needs.
2. Once your hair is completely dry, divide it into smaller sub sections and and create soft wave on each section individually, starting from the back. Feed each strand through the straightener, gently bending the hair in ward & out wards using the rounded edge of the straightener to create “ S - Waves “ whilst working from the roots to the tips of each strand working each section in a different direction to create a natural looking resultI would recommend using a straightening Iron that lets you adjust the temperature to the needs of your hair and work on a low / medium heat setting.
3. Work your way in horizontal sections until all hair is waved.
4. Apply a small drop of a light hair oil or shine serum into your hands and run your fingers gently through your hair to break up the waves, leaving a few loose strands around the face to create a slightly messy texture so it has a “lived in,” unforced feeling.
5. Once you are happy with your shape & texture, mist with a flexible hairspray to ensure that your style will last.