If you are itching to go with a richer, darker brunette shade, keep in mind some of the following hair care tips:
- Dyed hair eventually fades and loses that rich hue over time. Fight colour loss with colour-enhancing conditioners that will starve off hue fading.
- Colour-treated hair may become dry or even brittle. Always use deep conditioning treatments designed for your hair type, texture and health on a regular basis.
- Make sure that any cleansing and/or conditioning products you select are safe for colour treated hair.
- Select a darker hue that compliments your natural skin tone and eye colour. When in doubt about the best colour for you, visit a professional hair colourist to safely make your brunette transformation.
- Consider experimenting with a brunette hue that combines a series of darker and lighter tones that will add beautiful movement, depth and richness.
- Well placed highlights woven around your faceline and blended appropriately with your newly brunette tones can give you a natural look while brightening your face.
- When in doubt about going darker, go slowly. Try out a few darker lowlights around your face before taking a total brunette plunge.
- Be prepared to change your current clothing and makeup colour scheme. Darker hair works best with darker and richer fabrics.
Whether you visit a professional hair colourist or decide to colour your hair at home, for best results, take your time and consider all the long term ramifications of darker. Once you do, take very good care of your newly coloured hair and it will reward you with beautiful shine, glossiness and movement.