The truth about Hair Extensions Everyone will agree that having long hair is a lot of time and effort. Sometimes it seems like the time and effort involved is too much. The instant way to long hair is long haired wigs, long hair pieces or hair extensions.
Hair extensions have been popular off and on for several years. Many celebrities ranging from Victoria Beckham, Ashlee Simpson and Lauren Conrad wear hair extensions on a daily basis. It is generally a great way to create an instant long haired look.
With the recent introduction of clip-in extensions more women, celebrities and non-celebs alike, are wearing add-on tresses than ever before.
Hair extensions can be a lot of fun if you are aware of the risks and the procedures. If you get good advice and find a professional who is skilled at extensions here are some of the advantages you can enjoy:
1. You have an instant new look that is fairly easy to care for once it is applied.
2. You can change the look at any time and know that the long hair has a limited life cycle.
3. You can have an intricate patterns of different colours or beads added to the extension without additional damage to your hair.
4. You can try the look and feel of long hair before you decide to invest a lot of time and energy growing your own
1. Hair extensions can damage your natural hair if not applied propperly and looked after in the right way.
2. Also, if a lot of long or heavy extensions are added, this applies additional pressure to your scalp. One of the dangers of extra strain to your folicle due to the extra weight, can be thinning of your natural hair. Everyone is different and will react to hair extensions in a different way. They are not necessarily good or bad. It depends on a number of factors that you have to consider.
3. If you are trying to grow your hair long, you might want to think seriously of the potential damage the hair extensions could do to your long hair quest. However, if you only would like a new look for a few months and are prepared to lose some inches along with the extensions, they can be a great solution.