The fishtail plait is one of the hottest trends for the summer. It is an alternative to the classic plait which tends to achieve a more effortless look. Celebrities have been loving the fishtail plait for a while now from Mary Kate Olsen to Leona Lewis, and believe me, it's not as complicated as it looks.
How to achieve a fishtail plait at home:
1. Brush your hair thoroughly before you begin
2. Gather hair at the back of the neck and seperate in to two equal strands.
3. Take a small strand from the underside of the left strand and pull it under and around the left to combine with the right strand. Try not to pull too tight as this can cause your braid to look lumpy.
4. Take a small strand from the underside of the right strand, and pull it under and around the right to combine with the left strand.
5. Repeat steps three and four until you reach the bottom of your braid and then tie it off with the hair tie of your choice.
The Finished Look: